News & Updates
- January 2021: On January 15, 2021, the IRS issued Notice 2021-12 which provides relief to LIHTC projects in a number of areas. Due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the IRS has extended various deadlines related to projects under construction, in the first year of the compliance period, and those which are stabilized.
- January 2021: Karen Graham contributes to Tax Credit Housing Management Insider
- Social Security Administration Announces 1.3% Increase for 2021 - The Social Security Administration has announced a 1.3 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for 2021. It will begin with benefits payable in January 2020. Increased payments for SSI beneficiaries will begin on December 31, 2020. (Note: Some people receive both Social Security and SSI benefits). The Social Security Act ties the annual COLA to the increase in the Consumer Price Index as determined by the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- HUD’s Office of Multifamily Housing has updated its FAQ guidance
- HUD Releases 2020 Income Limits Effective 4/1/2020 - On March 31, 2020, HUD published the 2020 income limits for HUD programs, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, and Tax-Exempt Bond programs. The limits are effective on April 1, 2020.
- CARES Act Signed Into Law 3.27.2020