We are your LIHTC Specialists.
Karen Graham, CPM, HCCP, SHCM
KAREN GRAHAM has worked for more than 25 years in the same roles that many in her audience do today –– on-site management of LIHTC properties, multi-site management, Director of Compliance (in her case, for over 15,000 LIHTC units in 23 states), and being the go-to person for all things compliance related.
What better person to say "enough already" and make LIHTC compliance training real-world, relevant, easy to understand, and actionable. Karen engages people of every level of experience as she covers everything from basic topics to advanced issues, to what's new and current. Her style is fresh. Her impact is real. Her audiences leave with the knowledge they need and the confidence to put it to use.
Karen holds the designations of Certified Property Manager (CPM®), Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP®) and Specialist in Housing Credit Management (SHCM). KAGC’s expertise focuses on assisting partners, owners and managers in the successful management of tax credit housing and LIHTC compliance. A graduate with honors, Karen has a bachelor’s degree in Communication from the University of Cincinnati.
- IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management)
- MAHMA (Midwest Affordable Housing Management Association)
- SAHMA (Southeast Affordable Housing Management Association)
- NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Technical Advisory Group for the HCCP (Housing Credit Certified Professional) Designation
- OHFA (Ohio Housing Finance Agency) Compliance Advisory Committee
- Tax Credit Housing Management Insider Board of Advisors & regular contributor
- Assisted Housing Management Insider Board of Advisors & regular contributor
- CPM (Certified Property Manager) through IREM
- HCCP (Housing Credit Certified Professional) through NAHB
- SHCM (Specialist in Housing Credit Management) through NAHMA
- Fundamentals & Advanced LIHTC Program Compliance Trainings
- 42U LIHTC On Line Learning Courses
- HCCP Exam (Housing Credit Certified Professional) – Approved exam distributor through NAHB (National Association of Home Builders)
- Approved Proctor
- SHCM Exam (Specialized in Housing Proctor Credit Management) – Approved exam Proctor through NAHMA
(National Affordable Housing Management Association)
- Comprehensive Self-Paced Online LIHTC Course Series
The Karen A. Graham Consulting team consists of proven professionals across the nation, each specially chosen for their LIHTC knowledge, work ethic, reliability and shared commitment to customer support and peace of mind. We are experienced in over 30 states, so as our client you will be provided with prompt and direct access to the expertise you need, when you need it.
Stacy Day, HCCP
Vice President Operations, Innovation
A highly experienced professional in the multi-family property management industry, Stacy Day has 25 years of experience in the affordable housing industry. Stacy has held Vice President roles in both Compliance and On-Site Operations, so she understands the challenges to keep the bottom line in check while staying in compliance. Stacy focuses on and has the knowledge for what is needed to keep things organized and easy to understand for the on-site staff.
Vice President of Compliance: Jan 2018 – Sept 2019
- Portfolio of 165 communities and 12,000 units
- Multi layered funding including LIHTC, HOME Funds, Bond, RD, and HUD for 6 state portfolio
- Created and implemented compliance policy and procedures including work flow processes and forms
- Implemented classroom training and web based new hire training
- Successfully coordinated lease up for 20 communities, including 3 simultaneous resyndications
- Developed file approval work flow processes ensuring expedited file approvals and on time file reviews
- Created and maintained community rent and income spreadsheets
Sr. VP of Compliance/RVP of Operations: May 2003 – Mar 2013
- Compliance Portfolio of 135 communities and 15,000 units
- Responsible for all aspects of LIHTC, HOME, and Bond compliance for 8 state portfolio
- Provided timely credit delivery for over 35 lease up communities
- Successfully coordinated 22 rehabs of HUD communities adding LIHTC
- Operations portfolio of 48 communities and 6,200 units
- Increased NOI from 89% to 98% in 15 months
- Prepared annual budgets and capital needs plans to ownership
- 2015 HCCP (Housing Credit Certified Professional) Designee of the year
- HCCP Designation (Housing Credit Certified Professional)
- NAHB (National Association of Home Builders Association) Board Member
- NCSHA (National Council of State Housing Agencies) Conference Speaker
- SAHMA (Southeast Affordable Housing Management Association) Vice President of Compliance Board Member (past) and Conference Speaker
- GAHC (Georgia Affordable Housing Coalition) Compliance Committee Member (past) and Conference Speaker